If you thought that Friday’s couldn’t possibly get any better, then you thought wrong! Why? Because it’s Fabulous Foodie Fridays time of course! This week Lauren and I wanted to give a huge shout out to all of the amazing bloggers that come back week after week and link up their delicious recipes for you to enjoy (and of course to all of our lovely newbies too!!). Without these great bloggers, our lovely little link up party would not be anywhere near as ‘fabulous’ as it is!
Now let’s get down to foodie business… My favourite recipe from last weeks party was this amazing Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Salted Peanut Caramel from the always wonderful The nOATbook. OMG I can actually feel my bum growing just by looking at it!
For a great little snack, you cannot possibly go past these great Chia and Chicken Meatballs from Play With Food. Give me some little toothpicks and sweet chilli sauce and I’ll be as happy as a pig in mud.
Lauren has chosen five absolutely delicious recipes as her favourites too, so make sure you pop over to Create Bake Make and check them out!
Now to our recipe of the week… Chicken & Corn Soup! I have literally been making this soup for years. It’s so easy and regularly makes an appearance in our house (especially during the freezing winter months). I love this recipe because it’s perfect for when you get home late and need to quickly whip up something healthy and tasty for dinner. Usually I’ll just use a cooked chicken from the supermarket (which makes this recipe even easier), but you can definitely poach your own chicken breasts if you prefer.
My version of Chicken & Corn Soup has a little sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in it to give it a bit of a kick in the flavour department, but you could of course, leave out the sweet chilli if you have little kiddies. Mind you, it’s such a subtle flavour that they probably won’t even notice!!
What else makes this version of Chicken & Corn Soup so yummy? I always add some cornflour mixed with water so that you end up with a slightly thicker soup, as compared to a watery broth. I also like to drizzle in a little whisked egg white at the end of cooking to make it extra authentic!
If you’re like me and love soy sauce, then feel free to drizzle a little more over the top when serving. Pop a few pieces of spring onion on top and you’re set to go. Easy-peasy dinner= totally sorted! Is there anything better than a big bowl of soup in winter? Well perhaps a big bowl of soup with a crusty roll or savoury muffin on the side!
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 420g can creamed corn
- 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken - a BBQ chicken from the supermarket works perfectly (or 2 small chicken breasts poached and shredded)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (extra for serving)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour, dissolved in a little water
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Place stock, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, half the spring onion and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through - after 5 minutes add the cornflour dissolved in a little water and stir.
- Gradually drizzle in the whisked egg white and stir.
- Divide between bowls.
- Top with remaining onion and extra soy sauce (optional)
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!