Creamy Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon & Avocado are the perfect finger food for your next party! They’re quick, easy and stay deliciously crispy.
With the party season just around the corner, there’s no better time to share one of my favourite finger food recipes with you! How many times do you get asked to bring some nibbles to a party and you can’t think of anything so just end up resorting to cheese, dips, crackers and veggie sticks? Yep, me too! But these Creamy Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon & Avocado are about a bazillion times better… and they’re so simple.
A few weeks ago I shared my Easy Bruschetta Wonton Cups with you. They’re another fab little finger food recipe and just as delicious as these chicken wonton cups. The reason I love wonton cups so much is that they’re incredible easy to make, they stay crispy and they’re the perfect party food because you can pick them up and gobble them down really easily.
You can make these on the day that you need them, or if you’re super-duper organised, you can cook the wonton cups a few days before and pop them in an airtight container until you need them. You can also whip up the chicken filling the day before and leaving it in the fridge.
Then it’s just a matter of popping the creamy chicken filling into the wonton cups and topping them with fresh chunks of avocado and a teensy bit of crispy bacon. Mmmm… bacon!
So next time you’re invited to a party or summer BBQ, whip up a batch of these babies! Go on! You’ll be the most popular person going round! xxx
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 300g chicken breast, cooked, cooled and chopped into chunks (or you can use a BBQ chicken)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup greek yoghurt (or you can use sour cream)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 slices shortcut bacon, chopped finely cooked until crispy
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Press a wonton wrapper into each hole of a standard sized muffin tin.
- Spray with cooking oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled and chopped chicken breast into bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the mayonnaise, greek yoghurt, wholegrain mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken breast and mix to combine.
- Divide the chicken mixture amongst the cooled wonton cups.
- Top with crispy bacon and chopped avocado.